Triplet's Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Brother’s Love



On November 22, 2008 Ryker London Long, the youngest of two brothers and one of a set of triplets passed on to a better place…Ryker decided for himself that he was too good for this earth and could do a better job of protecting his little sister Gywn by being with his brother Raiden in heaven…Cathi and I stayed with Ryker for several hours as he slowly left us, wondering again, what God has in store for our family…

Despite massive brain bleeds and damage to several parts of Ryker’s brain, along with multiple issues with his organs, Ryker lasted ten days on this earth…In those ten days Ryker had more influence on more people than some do in an entire lifetime…All of his nurses loved him so much and took amazing care of him…I think they may have had a little crush on him; “That’s my boy; a little ladies man!”

Cathi and I were so fortunate to see many of Ryker’s amazing “firsts.” We got to see Ryker take his first poop, but most of all we were able to be there when our little boy opened his eyes for the first time…He had big beautiful eyes…He was too young still to be able to tell what color they were, but they were gorgeous just the same…

Many people say that it takes time before you can tell who the baby looks like; especially with preemies, and even more so with micro preemies like Ryker; HOWEVER, there was no doubt that Ryker was our son…It was obvious Ryker had Cathi’s toes, cause one of them curved a little just like Cathi’s; Ryker had my cowlick in his hair; we are not sure which nose he has, but it’s a beautiful one….Ryker unmistakably has my chin…There is never any doubt when someone has a pronounced chin like mine, along with my thin little bird lips…As I watched him die, he looked at Cathi and I with those beautiful eyes in a confused but peaceful way and I thought I was looking at myself…

I will not whine to you all about the tremendous pain and suffocating emotion that Cathi and I are enduring at this moment…Instead, I will leave you by saying that with great pain will come great joy and our daughter is still hanging in there…There are no answers to why we are going through this, but I can assure you this too shall pass and we will endure with grace and one day be joyful again….

Thank you all for your concern and prayers

Logan

23 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so sorry for your loss. i will continue to keep your daughter, all of you, in my prayers.

Judith and Jason said...

I too had micro triplets. My girls were born at 24 weeks in 3/07. The largest being 1.3 oz. Like you we lost our first after 28 days and our second after 78 days during their NICU stay due to infection.
Our Nina pulled through after 102 LONG days in the NICU. She is now 20 mos old and is the light of our lives. We always say that her sisters live on in Nina and they are the best parts of her making her the strong little girl she is today.
I am very sorry to hear about your second son's passing. No words can comfort you at this time, but know there is a huge support system of us micro preemie moms out there ready to lend you support when you are ready.

Daniel said...

My friends, I hate to hear of your little boys passing on. I do hope Gwyn pulls through! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.... I'd call but I can only imagine what you are going through. Daniel

Christa @ Quintooples said...

My heart is so so so sad to hear this. I will keep your family close to my heart as I pray for you. Your beautiful son is healed, and is dancing and playing with Jesus, and his brother.

I can't imagine the depths of your grief, but I know that sharing your journey of healing can be of comfort. Thankyou for sharing him with us. He is a beautiful boy.

Georgie B said...

What a beautiful photo and such a brave young boy. May God hold you close in this time I hope you feel His arms closely around you, He is crying too.

I lost a micro premmie boy too even 9 years later my heart still aches for him. I now have a 7 year old daughter - she is my gift.

Stay strong.

Stacie said...

My heart is so heavy to read this news. Your family and little Gwyn will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kris said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray.

Stephanie said...

Very sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am soo sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers. I pray Gwen will be healthy fighter for her mommy and daddy.

FrenznickFive said...

i am in tears reading this please, please know that your family is in my prayers.
Sarah

Jessica said...

I am just devastated for you as I read of the loss of Ryker. Our triplets were micropreemies as well and we lost one of our daughters. I can only imagine the grief you are going through as you say goodbye to another one of your children. You are in my thoughts, I wish you and your family so much strength to get through your days and I hope Gwen continue to grow healthy and strong.

McTriplet Mommy said...

I am so very, very sorry to read about your loss. Hoping your daughter does well. She has two special brothers watching over her.

Take care,
Kara

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will continue to keep you, your wife, and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers, and I truly hope Gwyn gets better and continues to fight hard.

Melissa said...

We are continuing our prayers for your family. God does have aplan even if we can't see it. We love you and please let us know if you need or want anything. PLease.

Praying for you all!

Love~ The Maser's

Leah said...

Leah from TC

I am so sad to hear of the loss of your boys but I have faith that your little angels are looking out for your baby girl and I will pray that she remains healthy and continues to grow and thrive and that she will be home with you soon. Sending you prayers and good vibes, Leah

Nicole O'Dell said...

Many many prayers for you and your family. I have no other words to offer you comfort. May God do the comforting...

Tina said...

I am so sorry for you loss. I have been following your journey for a long time. My heart goes out to you. You are bothe such amazing strong people.

I'm sure like other people who follow your blog, I feel honoured to read your words.

I pray God can heal your hearts and I pray God continues to protect Gwyn.

You all are in my prayers daily. I hope it is OK to add you to my blog roll.

joyce said...

I am so sorry. There just are no words. I have been following your story, too, as my husband has sisters that are triplets. Take care.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry for your loss. We too will continue to pray for all of you.......please let us know if we can do anything..anything at all.
love, gina, mike and Ty

Casey's trio said...

Just wanted you to know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of your two boys.

Tanna's Triplets said...

I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Much Love
Tanna

Anonymous said...

Dear Kathi and Logan, I'm so sorry to hear about little Ryker. What a strong fighter he was! It breaks my heart to hear this news, I cant even imagine how the two of you are holding up at this moment. I want you to know that I'm standing with you in prayer... I dont understand why this is happening, but I admire your faith, hopefulness and endurance. Matt 5:4 -Blessed are those that mourn, for they will be comforted. I pray that God gives you peace. Love you
~Nurse Mandy

astral said...

I am so sorry for your loss of your babies. Please know you are in my heart, thoughts and prayers.