Triplet's Search Engine

Custom Search

Friday, November 21, 2008

NICU Disclaimer

The previous post was to thank everyone who has helped care for Cathi and the babies while they were in the womb. Now that Ryker and Gywn are in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) there are a whole new set of doctors and nurses who are caring for our babies.....

I must warn everyone who follows this blog, that despite the power of positive thinking, love of two deserving parents, and the miracles of modern medicine, Ryker and Gywn remain critically ill in the NICU.....

We have good days and bad days and unfortunately, recently, we have had a string of bad days that has overwhelmingly exhausted the both of us.

If you have failed to hear from us via phone, email, or any other form of communication, we truly apologize but it has taken every bit of strenght that we have to endure the draining and emotional daily visits of the NICU...We know that all of you who follow our story care deeply for Cathi, me, and our babies and it has not gone un-noticed...When Cathi and I recover from this obstacle in our life, we will do our best to individually thank everyone of you...

With great pain will come great joy....eventually.....we hope....Thank you all for you support and love through this most difficult of times...

Logan

6 comments:

Stacie said...

I am a new reader of your blog, but I just wanted to extend my support your way. I have 28 week twins, who managed to have just about every possible setback out there while they were in the NICU--and because we spent 14 and 15.5 weeks there, we had way too much time to go through all of it.

They say the NICU life is like a roller coaster with all of the ups and downs, but for us, that analogy didn't come anywhere near describing that time. My heart goes out to you all. If you would ever like to talk to someone who has really been there, you can reach me through my blog.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Daniel said...

Logan, you Cathi and you kids are in my thoughts man. I hope everything improves. If there's anything I can do for ya you all have my number. Take care!! Daniel

Deborah said...

Hi Cathi,
I saw your post on TC. My trio was born at 25 weeks 1 day. One of mine had a grade I and III bleed with no complications. Another one had a Grade III on both sides and has quadriplegic cp, and other issues. Here is the link to my blog. My e-mail is also on my blog http://loveourabc.blogspot.com if you have any questions.
Deborah

Stacie said...

P.S. My boys had IVHs--1 had two grade 3's which resulted in hydrocephalus and shunt placement. My second boy had a grade 2 and a grade 4, which also resulted in hydro and shunt. My son with the grade 3's seems to have no adverse effects and is developing normally according to adjusted age. My son with grade 4's had some complications which ended with a second shunt being placed. He is also doing very well. He has some minor monoplegia issues with his right arm, but so far they think it won't have a major impact on his quality of life. THey have just turned 1 year old.

Please come visit my blog or email me if you have questions. Hugs to you.

The Rogers Triplets said...

I've been on both sides. The NICU OT and the NICU parent. You never truly understand what it is like until you are a parent and your heart breaks every day. I am thinking about your family each day. My mantra was "This too shall pass". And it will, I promise. But, the most important thing to remember is that you will come away from this experience with babies that you will love with all of your heart, no matter what their complications or diagnosis. Ya'll have done an unbelievable job so far and will continue to. God Bless.

Stephanie said...

Just wanted to drop a line to let you know that we ar praying for you, Cathi, Ryker and Gywn and I know that their brother Raiden is doing an awesome job as their guardian angel.