Triplet's Search Engine

Custom Search

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl




Today, November 12th, 2008 at 1647 hrs, Gwyn was born, which was only one minute after her big brother Ryker. I only mention Gwyn because as we all know, "ladies come first."


As you can see in the picture, Gwyn is quite small, 1 pound and 5 ounces small. Her waist is about 16 cm, the smallest it will ever be, so I never want to hear her complain about being fat. Gwyn is a fystie little one...Despite one of her lungs collapsing, she is fighting with all her strength to overcome her prematurity. You can't tell from the picture, but she looks just like Cathi up close. They have tubes in her stomach and down her throat to assist with feeding and breathing....She is on a special breathing machine, that makes her look as if she is vibrating...It is truly scary looking, I thought at first she was having a seizure, but she is okay and they think she will go onto a regular breathing machine within the day...The NICU is an amazing place and I think Gwyn is probably the smallest....Forgive my writing, but it is 0354 in the morning right now and I have had no sleep.


A quick update on Cathi: She is in extreme pain; they gave her a C-section without an epideral and she is feeling all of her surgical wounds...She is also using a special breathing contraption because she is in danger of lung collapse due to a build up of fluids in the lungs...


As scary as all this sounds, we remain positive...Unfortunately Cathi was under when the babies were delivered and she has not yet been able to meet them. We are hopeful of the near future and know that all is in God's hands now...


8 comments:

Kris said...

Happy birthday Gwyn! Many prayers to you and your mom!

Astrid said...

Happy birthday! Your sweet baby girl will be in our prayers!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Gwyn!

Momfulltimeto5 said...

Wow. Just wow. We are lifting you up in prayer.
Last night I was literally on my knees petitioning God on your behalf. Please keep us updated.

Love and prayers..

The White Family

Melissa said...

I am so admired my your strength. I have been praying all day everyday for your family. I will continue. Thank you for krrping us updated. Please give Cathi a hug for me and one for you too! :-)

God Bless you all!!

Love~ The Maser's

Melissa said...

I admire your strength. I have been praying non stop for you and your family and we will continue to do so. Thank you so much for the update. Please give Cathi a hug from us and one for you too! :-).
May God pour many blessings on your family.

Love~ The Maser's

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

welcome to the world gwyn! we will keep you (and your mommy & brother) in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Gwyn: I can't wait to meet you, you are already a Princess. Love to all of you!!!! (Aunt) Kathy